Who is it for?
People who are new to training and looking for a safe, friendly and relaxed environment in which to learn how to design and deliver a training session. More experienced trainers who want to refresh their skills and explore creative ways to make training effective and fun may also benefit.
About the workshop
The workshop is intended to enable people to explore creative ways of delivering training whilst still maintaining ‘good practice’ approaches to planning and training delivery. During the workshop there will be opportunities to apply these ‘creative approaches’ in the development and delivery of their own training.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the main characteristics of the various learning styles and explain how adults learn most effectively as a result of exploring their own learning style preferences.
- Examine the links between learning theories and learning styles and demonstrate the use of the theories in planning their training session.
- Design and deliver a short training session using a variety of delivery approaches, colour, music and physical learning.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment, encouraging collaboration and learner centred activity.
- Explain how to evaluate training.