Who is it for?
Anyone who may be considering making redundancies or who is responsible for carrying out the redundancy process.
About the workshop
By the end of the workshop participants will have explored:
- The key legal issues.
- The alternatives to redundancy.
- Developing a plan for redundancy.
- Avoiding unlawful discrimination.
- Redundancy payments.
- Unfair dismissal.
- Trade union involvement.
- How to seek volunteers for redundancy.
- The selection pool.
- Alternative employment.
- Dealing with ‘survivor syndrome’ and the psychological impact.
- Case law.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to successfully handle redundancies.
- Explain the legal framework surrounding redundancy.
- Describe the impact of redundancy on the psychological contract, and how to deal with resistance to change.
- Explore how effective communication can improve the process and how to implement effective communication strategies.