Dealing with Difficult Situations
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to handle difficult situations professionally and successfully deal with customer complaints. Suitable for staff of all levels.
About the workshop
The workshop will examine the causes of conflict and the appropriate responses to conflict or challenging behaviour. The workshop is designed to develop or improve communication skills by using verbal, listening and questioning skills supported by Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) principles.
The workshop is delivered in a relaxed and informal way using a variety of techniques. The pace and style of the day will be matched to the needs of those attending to ensure that they get the most benefit from the workshop.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the causes of conflict and the appropriate responses to conflict or challenging behaviour.
- Act assertively in situations to ensure that potentially difficult situations are avoided.
- Display effective communication skills by using appropriate words, listening and questioning skills and body language.
- Demonstrate techniques and tactics to respond effectively to criticism.
- State the legal definition of violence in the workplace and its implications.
- Manage their own emotions and those of others after a difficult situation has occurred.
- Explain how anger is expressed indirectly and how to manage responses to it.
- Describe how to challenge difficult people in a non-confrontational manner.