Who is it for?
The workshop is intended for people who want to develop effective committee skills - this may be in the role of organiser, administrator, Chair or as someone who feels that they want to participate more effectively in the meetings they attend.
About the workshop
The workshop is designed to provide participants with an understanding of what a meeting is, what meetings are for, the role of the Chair and Secretary and the purpose of the agenda and minutes.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of meetings.
- Plan and prepare efficiently and effectively for meetings.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
- State the purpose of the agenda and minutes.
- Examine group dynamics and how to build relationships with difficult people.
- Explain the action required after the meeting.