Effective Communication Skills
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to develop effective communication skills which they can apply in one-to-one situations, in meetings, over the telephone and in any setting where they need to be heard and understood.
About the workshop
By the end of the workshop participants will have explored:
- Communication – What messages are you sending? What impact does your verbal and non-verbal communication have on those around you?
- Team working – Are you team player? What are the ingredients of successful teams?
- Motivation – Your own and that of others. Tools to help you manage motivation.
- How do you think? – Insight into your personal thinking style.
- About you – Raising self-awareness using fun techniques.
- Assertiveness – Develop and fine-tune your assertiveness skills and explore why people are non-assertive.
- Learning – How do you prefer to learn and how does that impact on the people you work with?
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of body language as a communication tool.
- Demonstrate body language to support verbal communication and alternative methods of communication where spoken language may not be effective and read non verbal clues given by the listener.
- Use questioning skills.
- Apply active listening skills and effective rapport building skills.
- Communicate verbally in a clear and effective way.